25 November 2010

Manaiakalani Film Festival

I had the extreme pleasure of attending the Manaiakalani Film Festival at Hoyts Sylvia Park on 11 November on what is called the Xtreme Screen (biggest screen you can get I think). There were seven schools involved, primary, intermediate and high schools.

During the day time the students from the schools were bused to Sylvia Park, however I went to the evening parent and community showcase.

They had a guest MC (Anthony Samuels) but there were also children MCs who introduced each movie. The children were well prepared, speaking both clearly and well. There was even pre-event entertainment provided by a band from one of the high schools.

The beginning and end of the show used a scene setting video which I will share here as she is fantastic!




Manaiakalani Film Festival 2010 from KPE TV on Vimeo.

I would highly recommend you watch the movies, and you can, as they have been made available online. Click here